Libraries make a difference in communities because they welcome everyone - toddlers, teens, struggling readers, school kids of all ages, families, new residents, older adults - and provide them with resources that enrich and improve lives. Whether you support the library as a member, or because you know it provides essential programs and services, your generosity contributes to the well-being of our town.
By donating to the Hanna Municipal Library you are helping with:
- Free digital resources and thousands of books to guide learning, support job seekers, and help children discover a love of reading.
- Bridging the growing gap between residents who have access to computers and the Internet, and those who do not through free WiFi, public computers, and access to innovative technologies.
- Providing hands-on, problem-solving activities for children and teens to develop competencies key to higher education and life-long success.
- Opportunities for our community to thrive from toddlers reaching developmental milestones at storytime to seniors building social connections at book club.
- Crucial summer support for youth and families through the Summer Reading Program, to reduce summer learning loss & encourage a love of reading.
How to Give
Fill out our online form or explore other ways to give, below.
The Town of Hanna Library Board is a registered charity and is able to provide charitable receipts for donations of $20 or more.
Ways to Give
Whether it's planned giving in a will, a donation of securities, a gift in honour of a loved one, or a fundraiser where you give the proceeds to the library these funds help sustain our vital community services.
Find out more details below.
The most rewarding part of planned giving is its enduring impact on your community for generations to come. Libraries are meaningful to so many people. We snuggle up in a corner with a storybook as children and find friendship and inspiration as adults.
There are several types of planned giving that can benefit you (or your estate) and the library. These include:
- Giving a gift in your will
- Donating life insurance
- Donating securities
We recommend speaking with your financial advisor or lawyer if you are considering making a planned gift. The library's charitable registration number is 131983934RR0001 (The Town of Hanna Library Board).
Simply mail a cheque to:
Hanna Municipal Library
202 1st St. West
Let us know how you'd like your name to appear for donor recognition or if you'd prefer to remain anonymous.